2.20.2011

I Dream of Tangerine Sorbet




On my way to the Apple store yesterday, I picked up one of OPI's new Texas collection nail polishes, Y'all Come Back Ya Hear? I've kept my eye out for a good orange since last summer, but I've landed on this one and love it.

Ya'll Come Back Ya Hear? is a very full and vivid tangerine orange but with OPI's newly dubbed Sorbet-Style finish. Although the hue is rich and creamy, the lacquer is actually slightly translucent, giving its cool, 'sorbet' appearance. This makes sheerness a bit of an issue for application (I used 3-4 coats to avoid a visible nail line) but the shine finish is really quite pleasing. I applied a top-coat (Essie), but I didn't really need one, other than to make the polish last longer. This is obviously the ideal colour of summer. Also, I didn't notice my dog in the background of that photo, until I had upload the photo, haha. I guess he was curious. Hope you're enjoying the rest of summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment