1.01.2011

Two Zero One One


Happy new year everyone! I hope you all celebrated in style, and rang in the new year with the person you love/like/or lust after. I had planned a quiet one this year, consisting of a mani/pedi, streetstyle blogs, and season five of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. But alas, this was not to be. I ended up at my friend's house learning Texas Hold'em, a game called 'Fours & Whores', watching movies, and wearing reflective orange jumpsuits (don't ask and, sorry, I didn't bring my camera). 

So I'm wondering what everyone's new year's resolutions are? I generally don't take my own very seriously. Its more entertaining to think of them than anything else. But this year I have so many plans and goals for myself, that I'm going to do my best to stick to them. So here they are, and if I'm not keeping them later in the year, feel free to remind me!...

Live healthier
In 2010, I lost thirteen kilos. This year I’d like to lose an additional fifteen. No fad diets, just smarter choices, and getting off the couch! I’ve set my self a short-term goal of losing 7 kilos by the time I go back to university. 

Pursue my writing fearlessly
I added ‘fearlessly’ because it seems to be the biggest thing holding me back. I’m looking into joining one of the Writer’s Centres in Perth. And of course, I'll be continuing my blog, which I've really come to love doing. 

Be punctual
I will no longer be the girl who is always late. I will prioritise my time better. By the way, that whole ‘set your clocks five minutes faster’ thing, just doesn’t work.

Buy less, buy better, wear more
I’d be lying if I promised not to spend any money clothes this year. But I will be less frivolous with my money, now that I’m saving - whether it be less dining out or smarter shopping. 2011, will definitely see me embracing DIY and thrifting.

Save money for travel
A lot of my friends are going off to see the world this year, and this has left my passport feeling a little depressed and left behind. Which is ridiculous, because I spent so much time traveling last year! My travel plans for 2011/12 are taking me to Stockholm, Sweden.

I am so incredibly excited to start 2011, so I hope you'll join in my enthusiasm and also check in often, as I've loved running this blog and would love to see it grow and take shape. 

Best wishes, and let's all be nice to one another! 

Wenmay x

No comments:

Post a Comment