9.01.2010

September: Something To Look Forward To...

I have a few important things coming up this month, including an engagement party, my parents' upcoming nuptials, and a close-friend returning to Perth after moving to the Northern Territory a year or so ago. But aside from these events, there are also more trivial things I'm looking forward to:

How To Make It In America (Sept. 1)














How to Make It in America follows two enterprising twenty-somethings hustling their way through New York City's fashion scene, determined to achieve their version of the 'American dream'. Trying to make a name for themselves in the city's competitive fashion scene, Ben Epstein and his friend and business partner Cam Calderon use their street knowledge and connections to make their way up. With the help of their well-connected friend Domingo and Cam's cousin Rene, who has ambitions of his own—a new energy drink called "Rasta-Monsta"—the burgeoning entrepreneurs set out to make it big. 


I saw heaps of signs and billboards for this show when I was in New York earlier this year. I'll be honest... I'm anticipating it to be kinda bad; its had mixed reviews. It mostly caught my interest because Bryan Greenberg is in it. But I have been really curious to see if its any good. I suspect I'll like seeing the New York backdrop. It airs 10:30AM today on Showcase.


Unwrapped: The Urban Orchard (Sept. 12)




I love this event! Twice a year, Western Australia's most talented student and graduate designers come together to bring their unique designs to the public for one day only. On the day, you'll get to meet the designers in person, and shop a wide variety of women's and men's fashion, jewellery, photography, crafts, illustrations, kidswear, homewares and so much more!


This year's Spring/Summer market is taking place: Sunday, 12th September, 11am-5pm @ The Urban Orchard (Opposite the Art Gallery of WA), Perth Cultural Centre, James St, Northbridge. I'm on the prowl for some interesting jewellery, and maybe some art pieces to for my room, when I move next year. 
More Info: http://www.unwrapped.com.au/index.php


The Record Collection 























Now that 'Bang, Bang, Bang' is raping the radio airwaves (not to mention, I hear it every 20 minutes when it plays on the dvd loop at work), I'm really looking forward to hearing more from the new album. Also, I'll need to change my ringtone. I'd normally have a listen to most of the songs before CD drop, but since there are so many collaborations with artists I already like (Jonathon Pierce from The Drums, Alex Greenwald from Phantom Planet, Kyle Falconer from The View, Kai Fish from Mystery Jets, to name a few), I think I want to be surprised. Can't wait to hear Ronson's vocal's on two of the tracks.


Other upcoming albums... the new Klaxons album "Surfing The Void", and the new King's album "Come Around Sundown" *cues dubious music*.


Glee: The Complete First Season on DVD (Sept. 22)




Oh how I love Glee. I am dying to own this. As far as I know, Channel 10 is airing the new second season in mid-April, but until then, this should tide me over. How hot did Cory Monteith look at the Emmys?! Hopefully, there's tonnes of DVD Extras. I don't know why Australia got the first season in 2 parts. It was just cruel and retarded. 

Happy Birthday To Me. (Sept. 28)

I still haven't decided what I'm doing for my 22nd birthday, though do intend not to make any big plans. Yes, since turning 21, I've become one of those annoying people who doesn't like celebrating their own birthdays. If the weather is nice, and I at least leave the house and do something even mildly fun, then I'll be happy. Maybe I'll bake macarons? I bought this amazing macaron recipe book from Boffins bookstore last month. I've been wanting to try it out for a while now. I'll probably just end up watching Glee or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment