7.21.2013

Nihon no fasshon ga suki desu!

Gosh, I hope my translation was correct. If not, Gomenasai Rina-san!

With only a week before I leave for Tokyo, I thought it only fitting to post some eye candy on Tokyo's outrageous and unique street style.




















































I've always admired the ability of those who can dress head to toe in black without looking like a sad, black cloud who fell from the sky and lost its way. That's how I look like when I wear too much black. I soon learned that the key is mixing the right fabrics, and paying attention to little details that bring pieces together - like a clutch, timepiece, or cute accessory. Still haven't mastered it like this lovely lady has. A Chanel brooch? Yes, please!









This gentledude here reminds me of Leonardo DiCaprio in Romeo + Juliet, no? The angel cherubs on his shirt, the jewellery and accessories, the hair. An Eastern interpretation perhaps.




At first glance, I looked at the girl on the right and thought her outfit was too "crazy lady with all her things in her trolley". Upon closer inspection, I actually found myself very taken by her face. Her make-up is beautiful with ever so soft touches of pink hues here and there (just above her eyeliner), and her hair, her bracelets. There's something quite sweet and charming about her without being too saccharine.




















What can I say... These guys could write a book on how to accessorize. They even accessorize their accessories! Notice the handcuffs on the backpack. 

I'm so excited to be going to Japan for the first time. I've traveled to many places around the world but with Japan I sort of don't know what to expect. The Japanese have such a unique way of combining new and old, east and west that I can't wrap my head around.

At my Japanese class a few weeks ago, our teacher brought us some Natto Beans to try. I thought I liked almost every Japanese dish out there but man, I do not like Natto Beans. They smelled of feet, and didn't taste much better. Being Chinese, I thought it would be the same sort of experience as eating Durian, which I find delicious. I was wrong.

I'm also looking forward to the Ghibli Museum. I just started playing "Ni No Kuni" on PS3, and I'm loving the landscape, and music by Joe Hirashi. I can't wait to be a kid again, when I visit. 


2 comments:

  1. nice post! :D

    Please find me the cute necklace with the little men attached to it!! :D

    James T aka Moo

    ReplyDelete