8.22.2010

It's So Easy From Above






















"Sure we all have soul-mates but we walk past them everyday"

I just got word of Ben Folds' interesting new album Lonely Avenue, to be released September 28th. The album is a collaboration with author/writer Nick Hornby (About A Boy, High Fidelity) with Hornby providing the lyrics and stories and Folds writing the music and the melodies. I kind of stopped following Ben Folds after Songs For Silverman, (just from laziness) but from my first listen of this new project, I'm definitely intrigued by it.

The first single from the album "From Above" was premiered on Triple J last Wednesday. It's a really great up-beat piano song, and I just loved the story in the lyrics; two people, two soul-mates who keep almost crossing paths, but they just get on with lives never knowing how close they were to one another. 

I couldn't find a video but you can have a listen here: www.myspace.com/benfolds

Lonely Avenue will be released September 28th (coincidentally also my birthday, heh).

No comments:

Post a Comment