7.15.2011

Pretty In Paisley

I have to say that I've never liked paisley. I know it's supposed to be psychedelic but all I can picture is a person wrapped in a Persian rug. It's nice in the lounge room (or basement *cough*), but not a look I'd think to wear. But recently I've been compelled to reconsider my distaste for it. After seeing some inspiring sets from Polyvore, it might be kind of fun to try and work it into my wardrobe. I'd definitely be avoiding any full-on paisley ensembles of course, but I think building a simple, casual look around one key piece could work quite nicely. I really liked the sets below for keeping the look quite relaxed and youthful. It's not a trend I'd invest any reasonable amount of money in, in my opinion. But I would be willing to do some treasure hunting in the Salvo stores. What do you think? Go for it? Avoid like the plague, or tread with caution?

I also really liked this ring; it manages to make those 'Persian pickles' feel sleek and modern.

No comments:

Post a Comment